Whether you’ve received a faulty item or you’ve simply changed your mind, returning an item on Amazon is easy. Here’s how to return Amazon items on desktop and mobile.
How to return Amazon items on desktop
- Log into your Amazon account and got to “Returns & Orders“.
2. Choose the order that contains the item you want to return and select “Replace and Return items”.
3. Select the item you want to return and select a reason for the return from the drop-down menu.
4. Select your preferred way to process the return.
5. Choose your preferred return method.
6. Print the return label and authorization or download them to print later.
7. Pack your item securely and place the return authorization in the package.
8. Attach the address label on the package.
Related: How to Use Amazon Locker
How to return Amazon items in the mobile app
To return an item in the app, all you have to do is tap on “Your Orders”, select the item that you want to return and then follow the same steps listed above.
After you have completed the return process for an Amazon item, you can check its status by selecting the order in question and clicking on “View Return/Refund Status”.
You usually have 30 days to return an item you’ve bought on Amazon. Return periods may be extended for some specific items or during different periods, such as Christmas.