The Amazon Fire Stick is a streaming device that your plug into your TV so you can stream your favorite movies and TV shows even if you don’t have a smart TV.
Once you have connected your Amazon Fire Stick to the TV, you have to turn it on. You can do so with or without the remote.
Here’s how to turn on the Amazon Fire Stick.
Table of Contents
Turn on Amazon Fire Stick with the Remote
- Plug the Amazon Fire Stick into the HDMI port of your TV and turn on the TV.
- Select the HDMI channel for the port you have plugged the Fire Stick into.
- You’ll now see a loading screen and then the Fire TV Stick logo.
- Get the Amazon Fire TV remote and insert the batteries into the remote.
- The remote should now pair with the Fire Stick automatically. If it doesn’t, hold down the Home button to enable Discovery mode and pair the remote manually.
- You can now use the remote to power on the TV by pressing the Home button on the remote. The Fire TV will load automatically when you do that.
Related: How to Watch Amazon Prime on TV
Turn on Amazon Fire Stick without the Remote
You can still use the Amazon Fire Stick if the remote stops working, or you lose it. Here’s how to turn it on without a remote.
- Download the Fire TV Remote App on your phone. The app is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Make sure the phone and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the app on the phone and open it.
- Select the Fire TV you want to connect and enter the code on the app to pair it.
- You can now use the app on your phone as a remote for your Amazon Fire Stick.