Receiving an Amazon gift card from friends and family is all too common these days, so if you have one (or more) of them, you may be wondering how to redeem and use these cards.
You can redeem and use an Amazon gift card on Amazon’s website and in the mobile app. Here’s how to do it.
Redeem and use an Amazon gift card on the website
- Go to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Go to “Your Account” by clicking on “Accounts and Lists” located to the right side of the search bar.
- Select “Gift Cards” on the next page.
- Click on “Redeem a Gift Card”.
- Enter the code on the back of the gift card to see how much money you have on the card.
- Click “Apply to your balance” to transfer the funds to your account.
To use the gift card, choose “Gift cards and promotional codes” when prompted to select the payment method.
Redeem and use an Amazon gift card in the mobile app
- Open the Amazon app on your phone or tablet.
- Click on the Profile icon, which is the second on in the bottom menu.
3. Navigate to “Manage gift card balance”
4. Tap on “Redeem another Gift card”.
5. Enter the claim code on the back of the gift card.
The amount will be stored into your Amazon account for 10 years and it can’t be transferred to other accounts. Moreover, you can’t use that amount to purchase other gift cards.