Unlike some of your other gadgets, the Apple Watch doesn’t have a lot of space for music, apps, podcasts, and any other type of content you may want to store on it.
The amount of space available varies from one model to another, with the Apple Watch Series 5 and Series 6 offering 32 GB of space. However, there are only 16 GB available for the Apple Watch Series 4 and only 8GB for the GPS Series 3 model.
How to Check Storage Space on the Apple Watch
No matter which watch version you have, you can easily run low on space if you install too many apps on your watch.
If you notice that you don’t have much room available on your Apple Watch, check the storage space by opening the Watch app on your phone.
Tap General > About, and you’ll be able to see the total number of apps, photos, and songs stored on the watch.
Read also: How to Update Your Apple Watch
How to Delete Apps from Apple Watch
Once you know which apps are taking up the most amount of space on your Apple Watch, it’s time to delete the ones that you no longer need. You can delete apps straight from your watch or by using the Watch app installed on your iPhone.
Here’s how to do it using the home screen of your watch:
- Press the watch’s digital crown to see all the installed apps on the home screen.
- If your home screen is set to List view, swipe left on the apps you want to delete, then tap “Delete” for each of them when the red button appears.
- If your home screen is set to Grid view, touch an app and hold until all the icons start to jiggle. Don’t press too hard, or the apps won’t start to jiggle. Tap the “Delete” button for each of the apps you want to delete, then tap on “Delete App.”
- Finally, press the digital crown of the watch to return to the home screen.
And here’s how to delete apps using your iPhone:
- Open the Watch app on your phone, and then navigate to the My Watch tab.
- Scroll down to the section called “Installed on Apple Watch” and choose the app that you want to delete.
- Tap on the selected app and then turn off the “Show App on Apple Watch” button.
If you want to remove other content from your Apple Watch, such as music, you can do so in the Watch app on your phone. Go to “My Watch,” then tap on “Music.” In this section, you can remove songs by simply deleting them by swiping right.
The Apple Watch also has a feature called Heavy Rotation, which uses available space on your watch for the playlists and albums you’re listening to. If you don’t need this feature, you can turn it off and see how much space you can free up on your watch.
Ready to find some new apps? See our list of the best apps for your Apple Watch.