Shuffling a Spotify playlist allows you to randomize your song order, which can easily transform your listening experience. The good news is that shuffling a Spotify playlist is incredibly easy — all you have to do is click or tap a button, depending on what device you’re using to listen to music.
Keep in mind that if you don’t have a Spotify Premium subscription, most playlists in the mobile app may only be played in shuffle mode.
Here’s how to shuffle your Spotify playlists on desktop and in the mobile app.
How to shuffle Spotify playlists on desktop
1. Launch the Spotify desktop app on your PC or Mac.
2. Look for the album or playlist you wish to listen to in the search bar. Click the shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen. The icon looks like two arrows that overlap.
3. When the shuffle button is activated, it will turn green.
Related: How to Remove a Song from a Playlist on Spotify
How to shuffle Spotify playlists in the mobile app
1. Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Look for the playlist or album you wish to listen to in the search bar.
3. To shuffle your playlist or album, tap the “Shuffle Play” button.
If you have Spotify Premium, you can use the “Now Playing” bar at the bottom of the screen to shuffle an album or playlist. Tap the bar located at the bottom of your screen to play a song, then tap the Shuffle icon to turn it green.
Keep in mind that you can only play some playlists in shuffle mode if you don’t have Spotify Premium and are using the Spotify mobile app.
Related: How to Search and Find Within Spotify Playlists