Like many other platforms these days, Spotify has a social media component. You can add friends and see what they’re listening to.
Moreover, the “follow” feature on Spotify allows you to follow new artists or artists that you already love. This way, you are always up to date with their new releases.
How to follow a specific user on Spotify using your computer
You can follow a user on Spotify by following these steps:
1. Log in to your Spotify account on your Mac or PC.
2. In the top-right corner of the screen, click the “Search” tab to look for the person you wish to add. You’ll need their username to find them.
3. Enter “spotify:user:username” into the search bar, replacing “username” with the person’s username.
4. Click the “Follow” button after reviewing the person’s profile.
Related: How to Share your Spotify Playlist
How to follow a user on Spotify with ‘Find Friends’ on your phone
1. Begin by opening the Spotify app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Log in to your account if necessary.
2. From the Spotify homepage, tap the “gear” icon, then “View Profile.”
3. On your Spotify profile, go to the “Find friends” section, which will take you to a new page. Then, choose which friends to follow, or press “Follow All” to follow everyone on the list.
How to follow a user on Spotify with ‘Find Friends’ on your computer
1. Launch the Spotify app on your PC or Mac. Log in to your account if necessary.
2. In the Spotify desktop app, click “Find Friends” in the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. Select the friends you want to follow from the “Find Friends” list. Alternatively, if you want to follow all of the suggested friends, select “Follow All.”
Here’s what to do if you can’t find friends
To find your friends in the “Find Friends” list, your Spotify account must be connected to Facebook.
If your Spotify account is linked to Facebook and you still can’t discover your friends, check to see if your Friends list is shared with Spotify:
- Go to facebook.com/settings in a web browser.
- Navigate to Apps and Websites.
- Select Spotify.
How to follow artists on Spotify
Artists who use Spotify to share their music with their fans can be followed on Spotify by clicking on the “Follow” button. Following an artist means that you will get updates of their latest music, upcoming releases, live performances, and more.
Here’s how to follow artists on Spotify:
- Log in to your Spotify account using your account details, either on your computer or on your mobile device.
- Search for the artist you want to follow on Spotify and click on their profile.
- Click the “Follow” button on the artist’s profile to begin following them right away.