Spotify Wrapped is an annual feature that allows users to reflect on their listening habits over the previous 12 months.
Your favorite songs, podcasts, and albums are displayed in the results.
Spotify Wrapped also keeps track of how many minutes you’ve spent listening to different artists and where you rank among all fans.
It also condenses this information into Story-like bits that are easy to post on social media. If you are a member, you can only find your Spotify Wrapped story on a smartphone for a limited period. Here’s how to find it and share it with others.
1. You should be able to reach your Wrapped landing page by scrolling down on Spotify’s homepage until you see the pink symbol with the words “Your 2020 Wrapped” next to it. If you are not logged in, simply enter your login information.
2. If you can’t find it, go to the Search bar and scroll down till you see the Wrapped icon. Alternatively, type “2020 Wrapped” into the search box, and it should come up first. If you aren’t a subscriber, you may get general Wrapped 2020 listening statistics by going to https://2020.byspotify.com and clicking “Start” on the landing page.
3. Tapping the “Your 2020 Wrapped” banner will lead you to the app’s Wrapped landing page. To view your narrative and statistics, tap the banner at the top that says, “See how you listened in 2020.”
4. You may also browse down this menu to uncover more fun year-end features, such as a playlist of your top 100 songs of 2020, hit music you haven’t heard, and some of the year’s most popular artists in general.
5. To share a slide from your Wrapped narrative, click “Share this story” under the individual story card and select your preferred social network platform.
Read also: How to Share your Spotify Playlist
While the whole 2020 Wrapped breakdown is not available on Spotify’s desktop version, some parts are still available.
If you go to the “Made for you” tab in the left-hand sidebar of the Spotify desktop app, you can see your 2020 Wrapped playlist, plus your previous Wrapped playlists and several other playlists made especially for you, such as “Repeat Rewind,” a playlist of songs you’ve played frequently in the past, and “On Repeat,” a playlist of songs you’ve played frequently in the recent past.
There is no scheduled release date for Spotify Wrapped. However, since its debut, the popular feature has been released every year at the beginning of December. Spotify Wrapped was released on December 6th in 2017 and 2018, December 5th in 2019, and December 2nd in 2020.
Spotify Wrapped is based on your listening behavior from January 1 to October 31 of that year; therefore it isn’t normally released before December. Spotify Wrapped 2021 could be released as soon as December 1st, given that it has been released earlier and earlier in recent years.
You’re out of luck if you’re looking for previous Wrapped stories; they’re only available for a limited time. You may, however, view your previous Wrapped playlists by entering “wrapped” and the year into the search field.
“Wrapped” is available to both Free and Premium users, however, Premium customers receive more personalized statistics, such as the number of musicians they discovered that year and their top new artist from that year.
Spotify Wrapped is calculated using your listening behavior from January 1 to October 31 of that year, so it doesn’t include December.
The campaign began in 2015 as “Your Year in Music” and was renamed “Wrapped” in 2017. Every December, each subscriber receives a year-in-review based on the data Spotify gathered from their listening habits.
Many Spotify users have stated that Spotify Wrapped 2020 is not working; however, it has been discovered that most of these customers do not have an issue with the Spotify Playlist, but rather with the story. Many people around the world have reported difficulty playing the Story on Spotify 2020 Wrapped event.
Here’s what to try if your Spotify Wrapped playlist is not working.
• Close Spotify (and any other background apps or processes) completely before attempting to reopen it.
• Look for upgrades to the app and the operating system. Visit the app store on your device to check for Spotify updates. Visit your device’s settings menu to see whether it has any system updates.
• Clear your cache and data. Most devices have a setup menu where you can clear cache and data.
It’s simple to show bits of your Wrapped to your friends or share it on social media. It all depends on how you want to watch your Wrapped.
You’ll find a share option at the bottom of each slide if you’re using the Spotify app on your phone. When you tap here, you’ll be able to share the slide to a variety of additional platforms. You can also share them directly with your friends if you tap on More. You can also choose Copy Link to share the link with others.
You can only see other people’s Spotify Wrapped if they share their link with you.