If you’ve forgotten your Amazon password or if you want to change it for security reason, you can easily do so on the website and in the mobile app.
Here’s how to do it.
How to change your Amazon password on the website
- Go to Amazon.com and log into your Amazon account.
- Go to “Account and Lists” located in the top right corner of the screen, near the search bar.
3. Navigate to “Login and Security”.
4. Click on the “Edit” button in the Password field.
5. You’ll be asked to enter your current password before adding and confirming a new password.
Related: How to Delete an Amazon Account
How to change your Amazon password in the mobile app
- Open the Amazon app on your phone and go to Your Account.
- Go to Password and select Edit.
- Follow the instructions to change your password and then tap “Save changes”.
The steps above work if you want to change your password for security reasons, as you need to be able to log into your account to complete them.
If you forgot your password, you’ll have to request a personalized reset link that will be sent to your email address. Once you’ve received it, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.